Adding other connection types

Hello,

I just downloaded the source to see if the would be a way to add other
connection types.  For instance on my laptop I have 4 ways to connect to
the internet.

1. Wired NIC
2. Wireless NIC
3. SprintPCS card (cdma ppp connection)
4. Modem dial up (ppp connection)

Is there a way to add in these connection types so that if I do not have
a wired connection or a wireless connection that it will automagically
dail up on my sprint card and if that card isn't available or it doesn't
get any signal that I can have it attempt a phone connection?

Thanks

Joe