Re: suspend/resume wired

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 10:47 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 09:03 -0400, Bill Moss wrote:
>
> > After an acpi suspend/resume, both e1000 and ipw2200 drivers are loaded
> > but the wired interface is not up. The patch fixes this by bringing up
> > all devices when NM wakes.
>
> Ha!  I spent the CVS outage tracking this down and came up with a nearly
> identical patch (see attached).
>
> I'm not 100% sure it is right, because wireless comes up fine without
> manually pushing it up.  So that makes me think wired should, too.  Or

2 Stupid questions:
- Did you try this with the DHCP lease having expired?
- Did you try this with a different wireless network? (ie. changing
between 2 known and trusted networks, in different locations)

> maybe wireless isn't obeying the down and this patch is right and
> another fix is needed elsewhere.

Cheers

---
Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
Then Robert Shaw got his willy out and peed on me. -- Nick Nolte