Re: [patch] make "Wired" option a radio

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:08:43 -0400, Robert Love wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 10:56 -0400, Jason Mellein wrote:
>
>> if i have 2 network adapters why wouldn't i be able to use both of them
>> at the same time? windows boxes allow it.
>
> I don't think the current UI allows this (and if it does, the UI is then
> broken in other ways).
>
> The radio buttons just make the UI look the way it acts.
>
> 	Robert Love

I think of a better idea:

Why not just initialize all wired interfaces that have link and only
switch the corresponding default gateway when switching the default wired
interface ?
This way we will have valid IP's on all wired interfaces which IMO is
better. The valid IP's can be obtained via dhcp, static, or zeroconf.
And we can cache the default gw for each wired network.
Then, if we manually change the default wired network, we just modify the
default gateway, because all the IP's are already in place.
This will improve convergence too, because the time to switch is shorter.

Thanks,
Paul