Re: Building RPMs?

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Paul Dugas wrote:
> Noob question but, being rather retentive, can someone help me with
> suitbale instarutions for building RPMs from CVS?

Hmm, don't do that perhaps :)  Maybe we should put a specfile in, but since
there would have to be different specfiles for SUSE, RHEL, Fedora Core 3, Fedora
Core 4, etc, it doesn't really seem worth it.

So grab the Fedora Core specfile from here:
http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/devel/NetworkManager/

and make a tarball by cd-ing into the NetworkManager CVS directory and typing
'make distcheck'.

Stick that in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS, and stick the tarball in
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES.  Fix up the specfile to point to the tarball's name,
and then from /usr/src/redhat/SPECS, type "rpmbuild -ba NetworkManager.spec".

You'll then get a set of RPMs in /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386 (or x86_64 or
whatever).