Re: [patch] first pass at gnome-keyring support, baby.

On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 22:19 -0400, Dan Williams wrote:

> Quite right.  At this time NM queries nm-applet for all networks when it gets
> the NameOwnerChanged.  What you propose sounds reasonable.  We don't really
> _need_ the key until we try to connect to the access point.

Agreed.

#1 sounds like me.  I have the right firmware.  It works in Netapplet
but it could just be behavioral differences that induce it in
NetworkManager more readily.

I'll get backtraces next time it happens.  I got some last night (not
saved, sorry) and it was a lot of spinning in mutexes.

But then I cannot "modprobe -r airo" so I suspect the card is to blame.
And NetworkManager won't shutdown (stalls on waiting to deactivate the
airo).  And if I kill it and restart, scanning does not work.

So...while there may be NM issues, sounds like my card sucks the ass of
a wolverine.  But odd that Netapplet had no problems.

	Robert Love