Re: VPN changes has landed (Was Re: NetworkManager-list Digest, Vol 9, Issue 13)

Hi,

(please edit the subject when replying from digest and please avoid to
top post. Thanks.)

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 18:38 +0200, Anders �tling wrote:
> Hi
> Quick question; is a prompt for Domain included in the VPN properties?
> I have a vague memory of seeing only username and password in the
> mockup. Many companines, including ours, uses an AD domain as well for
> login authentication.

For vpnc, we don't yet support setting the vpnc option "Domain" (as
shown in /usr/sbin/vpnc --long-help) but it's very easy to add. However,
I'm wary of adding something without testing it so you (or someone)
would either need to send a patch and tell us it works or be willing to
test a patch that I can write. It should be very easy to add.

Looking at the man page there's probably a few other options we need to
add such as "IKE DH Group", "Perfect Forward Secrecy", "Enable Single
DES", "Disable NAT Traversal" but I don't know enough about vpnc to know
whether these are useful options anyone would like to use (and adding
options is expensive both usability- and screen real estate wise).

    David