Re: not handling media link changes for wired ethernet

I was already running hal-0.4.7-1.FC3. I just performed an update again which had an updated kernel, but I'm still seeing the same behavior.

From your suggestion I inferred that NetworkManager receives the media link status via hal/dbus. I just tried a "dbus-monitor --system" and connected then disconnected the cable. There are messages crossing dbus, though I haven't had time to figure out if the parameters are correct. Hopefully I can take a look tonight.

Here's the dbus-monitor output, in case someone can spot anything troublesome.

[after connecting the cable]
signal interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=PropertyModified; sender=:1.1
int32:2
string:net.80203.rate
boolean:false
boolean:true
string:net.80203.link
boolean:false
boolean:false

[after removing the cable]
signal interface=org.freedesktop.Hal.Device; member=PropertyModified; sender=:1.1
int32:2
string:net.80203.rate
boolean:true
boolean:false
string:net.80203.link
boolean:false
boolean:false

Bill Moss wrote:

Make sure you are running the FC3 update

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/hal-0.4.7-1.FC3.i386.rpm <http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386/hal-0.4.7-1.FC3.i386.rpm>