CVS-1-27 compile error explained

As part of my upgrade of packages from rawhide yesterday, I upgraded to

        libgnomeui-2.9.1-1
        libgnomeui-devel-2.9.1-1

The file panel-applet/Makefile.am defines the macro GNOME_DISABLE_DEPRECATED with the line

         -DGNOME_DISABLE_DEPRECATED                      \

The file panel-applet/NMWirelessApplet.c contains the include

        #include <libgnomeui/libgnomeui.h>

The header

        /usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/libgnomeui.h

includes the header

       /usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-window-icon.h

The contents of

       /usr/include/libgnomeui-2.0/libgnomeui/gnome-window-icon.h

is a single ifndef block that begins with

#ifndef GNOME_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
. . .
#endif /* GNOME_DISABLE_DEPRECATED */

Since the panel-applet/Makefile.am defines the macro GNOME_DISABLE_DEPRECATED, the function prototype

void gnome_window_icon_set_default_from_file (const char *filename);

contained in gnome-window-icon.h is not included when compiling NM. This produces a compile error in the directory panel-applet.

I deleted the line

       -DGNOME_DISABLE_DEPRECATED                      \

from panel-applet/Makefile.am and NM compiled without error.

Is this is a bug in

        libgnomeui-2.9.1-1
        libgnomeui-devel-2.9.1-1

or a bug in panel-applet/Makefile.am?