Re: hal net.80203.link bug

On Tue, 2005-01-25 at 20:56 -0500, Bill Moss wrote:
> FC3 kernel-2.6.10-1.741
> hal 0.4.7.1
> dbus 0.22-10
> e1000 driver for Intel Corp. 82540EP Gigabit Ethernet Controller
> ipw2200-0.21 driver for Intel Corp. PRO/Wireless 2200BG
> setup: network service turned off, eth0 onboot=no (wired) eth1 onboot=no
> (wireless)

<snip>

<snip stuff about link changes>

> Appears to be yet another hal bug. hal should be immuned to whatever NM
> is doing to it.

hal-0.4.7 in FC3 and FC Rawhide just listens to the netlink
socket for link changes and gets the initial state from the
carrier file in sysfs. It works great for me and I've not seen
any bugs on this (apart from drivers that don't support it).

If you can reproduce this, the right thing is to file a bug in
the Red Hat Bugzilla (under component hal) rather than using
this mailing list.

Thanks,
David