nice +19

Re: CVS-1-22-05:
At work this morning, NM failed to find the AP on boot. I let the debug message " ... waiting for an access point" repeat about a dozen times then plugged in the wire and immediately got a connection. I unplugged the wire and immediately got a wireless connection. I repeated this a couple of time successfully. nice +19 in the init script is apparently not nice enough to always get the worker thread and the main thread communicating at boot.

NM is the last service started by the rc system. NM runs through its initial setup and then the window manager comes up which is the last process in inittab. After that NM starts looking for a access point. Without the nice +19 NM looses it way. With nice +19 is sometimes looses its way. When started after boot, NM works fine.

--
Bill Moss
Professor, Mathematical Sciences