Re: no wireless networks detected; slow to connect when forced

Dan Williams wrote:
The kernel wireless driver for Orinoco/Prism/Intersil chipsets is
actually crap right now.  It hasn't been merged from upstream in a
while, and doesn't support wireless scanning at all.

I'll keep my eye out for newer (2.6.10-compatible) upstream Orinoco driver releases, or perhaps try out HostAP.

Thanks for the speedy and detailed reply, Dan. This is a cool tool, and I look forward to being able to use it.