Re: "more refined" panel icons

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005, Sven wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 11:56 +0100, Rene Rask wrote:
> >I must admit that I like the current icon.
> >- It clearly show that you are connected.
> >- It shows the strength of the signal and if you need more detail, you
> >can hover the pointer above it.
> >- It resembles the signal strength icon on many mobile phones which is a
> >big plus.
> >
> >Your icon on the other hand has no recognition factor _at all_.
> >The icon "disappears" with low signal strength.
> >The clue as to how strong the signal is is gone. You don't have a visual
> >reference for maximum strength when your strength is low.
> >I mean, its like saying "strength is 5" without also making clear that
> >it is 5 out of 10 with 10 being the strongest.
> >
> >If you really want a new icon I would suggest it be made a theme option.
> >The current one is a perfect match for bluecurve and more importantly it
> >is obviously a strength indicator.
> >
> >That is just my opinion of course.
> >
> >Cheers
> >Rene

The icons are technically themed right now, but there are probably some issues.
The current icons are just under "hicolor", I assume that other themes can
override those icons, since we just use the gnome/gtk icon theme APIs to load in
whatever icons happen to be around for the current theme, and since right now
the "hicolor" icons are the only ones, thats what we get :)