Re: CVS-2-2 NMApplet empty bar explained

I have seen my card spike to -15 dBm when held next to an AP. The Cisco lookup table starts at -10 dBm. I agree that [-90, -20]. Is a good range to start with. I think the cards will all output biased values (+256) for qual-> level, max_qual->level, max_qual->noise but I could be wrong.

If agreement is ever reached on how to do the associated percentage calculation and the scanned percentage calculation, an appropriate patch could be submitted to each wireless driver project. The ipw2200 people seemed eager to have input on this issue. ipw2200.c is filled with TO DO and FIND A GOOD VALUE comments. The developers are just waiting for someone to bit the bullet.