Re: NetworkManager PPTP Support

Antony J Mee wrote:

> Some may be interested to know that this is 98.36% a general plugin for
> managing a pppd connection from NetworkManager
[...]
> :-) ), Robert... Any thoughts on that?  Is work wired/wireless network +
> home USB ADSL a use case too far?

There is already a "Dialup connection" menu which is filled from entries
supplied by the system. They are not handled very well at the moment
(you can only start a connection, there is not connection indication if
it got started and you cannot modify it). But this PPP stuff may be a
start to make this a more general tool that is able to configure some
dialup connections and handle them nicely. I would love that feature
since I use PPP over my mobile to connect on the road if there is no
WiFi (so it's not just ADSL that is interesting).

	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim niemueller de>      www.niemueller.de
 Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)