NetworkManager PPTP Support

Evening all,

I have finally checked in my current work-in-progress code for the PPTP plugin under vpn-daemons/pptp into CVS.

This rewrite solves the issues regarding the alteration of config files in /etc, the passing of IP config info from pppd and name resolution of the VPN server
as discussed with Robert and Dan sometime ago on this list.

Current status is:
  1) It works
BUT
2) It occasionally seg faults (when bringing down the connection and can take NM with it). Big bug! 3) The code for passing the authentication info to the pppd plugin via DBUS is missing so currently one has place ones password in the apporpriate place at compile time. (this was a quick fix to minimise complications while trying to squash the segfault bug)
      See nm-pptp-service-pppd-plugin.c line 86!

Basically, it is not ready for public consumption yet but I've been really busy and I know Tim and others would like to
take a stab at it in the meantime.

Some may be interested to know that this is 98.36% a general plugin for managing a pppd connection from NetworkManager it can for example be modified to handle something like an ADSL connection in a mater of minutes! (I tried this with eciadsl and a BT Voyager USB ADSL modem!) The only difficulty is that such tunnels are not really "VPN" connections and NM does not presently have an appropriate place for them. Dan (without getting distracted from WPA :-) ), Robert... Any thoughts on that? Is work wired/wireless network + home USB ADSL a use case too far?

(People wanting to use it in anger immediately are for the moment better off with the old version that used ip-up scripts etc. That version is still available as a tarball from my blog http://www.students.ncl.ac.uk/a.j.mee/ )

tOnY