Re: draw applet without theme

On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 22:34 +0100, Karl H. Beckers wrote:
> Some minor thing I'd like to remove for myself:
> The applet draws a menubar with a menuitem in it. With the theme I'm
> using menubars have a sublte gradient on the lower end. Since the applet
> appears in the notification area, however, this looks awkward.

Yeah, this came up earlier and Robert had someone do a patch a while
back.  The problem is that the applet actually _is_ a menu, and actually
does have a menu item.

I'm not opposed to killing the menubar widget, but unfortunately that
seems to kill the highlights around the icon when you drop the menu
down.  Ideally I'd like to preserve the current highlight behavior (with
a couple pixels of padding on all sides, that's the important part) so
that it _looks_ like a menu, but doesn't have the menubar's background.