Re: NM-OpenVPN 0.3.0

I really can't get used to the reply scheme...

Ryan Skadberg wrote:
> One more.
>
> I seem to have to enter a password to unlock my PEM.  If I just do

Yes, if you have crypted your key this is true.

Code to deal with the management console is even in there already for
the password authentication mode.

> Looking at the code, NM doesn't seem to handle a private key, it just
> seems to handle a username/password combination that is then sent to the
> local management server.

True.

> Any chance we can get support for this added in?  Wish I were a better C
> coder, but that should give you the information you might need.  Please
> let me know if you need something more.

I did not implement this because I still hope that there will be some
unified architecture for Gnome soon to manage certificates so I didn't
put too much effort in this. I will have a look at this. Basically I
have to know if the key is crypted before I try to establish the
connection since I cannot show another password dialog if needed but I
have to request this information before this attempt is made... I guess
OpenSSL should be able to tell.

	Tim

--
    Tim Niemueller <tim niemueller de>      www.niemueller.de
 Imagination is more important than knowledge. (Albert Einstein)