Re: [patch] gui should reflect the actual state of vpn

Bryan Clark wrote:
Wait, so what is the user experience with this patch?  I had thought we
were going to move to a more reactive applet and this sounds like a less
reactive applet.

The reactive applet problem is where you click on a wireless network and
it doesn't do anything right away.  Presumably it's sent a dbus message
to NetworkManager, however we really want the applet to instantly do
something different to show that it's going to change.

Cheers,
~ Bryan

Right, we probably want a "connecting" image to be overlayed or something.  Not sure what that would be.  What we don't want is users thinking they are on the VPN when they aren't.