NetworkManager WPA support status?... wpa_supplicant?

The last mention of WPA I can find in the archives was back at the end of June.

NetworkManager is fantastic, but useless to me without WPA.  Before I start
hacking some code, could anybody update me on the present state of the
WPA fixes?  I can see no mention of wpa related changes in HEAD.

So far I've just fixed up Tim Warberg's slave patch for wpa_supplicant-0.3.8:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2005-June/msg00033.html

to work in wpa_supplicant-0.4.3. It ain't hard, but if anybody wants it then holler.

But before getting my hands too dirty, I wonder has anybody has started work to
allow NetworkManager to recognise WPA use an external tool to authenticate?

tOnY