Re: NetworkManagerInfo/nm-applet development question

Don't get me wrong...the key indexes are silly and
insecure (they simply obfuscate the passphrase which
doesn't make WEP any more secure).  The problem is
that NM cannot connect to a Linksys router unless you
are using the first key index.  I had mine set to key
index 3 and NM won't connect even if the ifcfg-eth1
and keys-eth1 are setup properly since NM generates
it's own WEP key from the passphrase.  It doesn't grab
the information (defaultkey, key1,key2, etc.) from
your keys-ethX files.

I realize this is not a core area for someone to work
on but I figured it would make things easier for a few
other people out there.  I also wanted something
simple to get started on some open-source development.