Re: make ipv6 work over wire too

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 14:53 +0100, j bootlab org wrote:
> with the recent changes of the dhcp subsystem, ipv6 only works
> on wireless networks.
> attached is a small patch to get an ipv6 address over wired interfaces
> too.

The problem with this patch is that bringing the card down isn't
guaranteed to keep the wireless settings.  Bringing the card down on
many NICs will flush the firmware (prism54 for example) and require a
re-uplaod of the firmware when you bring the card back up, releasing all
wireless settings like ESSID and WEP key.  Therefore, once we've got the
card associated, we don't want to take it down unless we've lost the
connection...  What kind of wireless card do you have?