Re: Offline

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 23:13 -0500, Ryan Skadberg wrote:
> Would be real nice if NetworkManager had an offline option to shut off
> all network connection / stop wireless scanning, etc.  For times like
> planes, etc, this would be a nice option to have.

Perhaps all we need is to make the "scanning for networks" animation go
away after a few minutes? [1]; Perhaps even NM itself should scale down
scanning to, say, every minute or so to conserve battery power.

Cheers,
David

[1] : Or maybe there are, say, FCC/FAA requirements that says a wireless
radio must be completely turned off in planes?