Closure of nemiver-list

Dear subscribers,

Please cc me on replies.

We've set up https://discourse.gnome.org a year and a half ago, as part of an attempt at making the GTK mailing list more friendly to newcomers. This experiment seems to have proven itself well enough, and has since expanded to other territories as well. As such, we believe it is time to make the same switch for most of our mailing lists.

This means that this mailing list will be archived in favour of continued discussion at GNOME's Discourse instance. No need to worry that this will mess with your workflow: it is still possible to get notifications by email by subscribing to the appropriate tags and/or posts. You can also still reply by e-mail if you prefer. Just like before, it's also possible to receive a general weekly digest.

The proposed closure of this mailing list will be on: Oct 30th, 2020

As a subscriber of this mailing list please create an account on https://discourse.gnome.org/. It's unfortunately not possible to automatically migrate the existing subscribers to Discourse. In case you wonder what will happen to the current mailing list after the closure date: the archives will remain public though you won't be able to subscribe or send emails to the current list.

For https://mail.gnome.org/archives/nemiver-list/ the new discussions would take place in the Applications category on Discourse using the (non-existant) 'nemiver' tag. As the last email on this list was in 2017 I'll not request the tag to be created. If a tag is needed it can be requested at any time in the 'Site Feedback' section on Discourse. Tag creation usually is quick (within 24 hours).

For further information on Discourse, please see the following topics:

https://discourse.gnome.org/t/interacting-with-discourse-via-email/46
https://discourse.gnome.org/t/tags-and-watching/94

Finally, feel welcome to say hi by introducing yourself over at https://discourse.gnome.org/t/say-hello-thread/ !

On behalf of the Discourse migration volunteers.

Cheers,
Olav