Re: remote debugging of avr mcu: no breakpoint at main() after loading elf-file

Hello Johannes,

Johannes Deutsch <j_deutsch web de> a écrit:

Sorry for my embarrassingly late reply.

at the moment i try to debug an AVR microcontroller via Nemiver.
Unfortunately it doesn't work as expected. It seems that Nemiver
doesn't break the program at main(). Nevertheless i can halt the
program, set a breakpoint and continue it again. All breakpoints that i
introduced in this way are triggered correctly and intercepted by
Nemiver.

If I am not mistaken, Nemiver doesn't try to set a break point in the
main() entry point of the program when it's connecting to a remote
target.

The reason for this is that in many cases, some remote targets don't
have 'main' entry points.

[...]

The debugging output is attached.

Thanks.

Looking at the output, it seems you did set a breakpoint into
the function __vector_35().  But I don't see any breakpoint set into
main().

At this point i don't know whether i should file a bug report or i have
to adjust any setting?

I think this discussion we are having is just fine for now.  And no,
there is no setting.

Here is the thing to do, I think.  Once Nemiver is connected to the
remote target, you have to set a break point on the main() function
yourself and then tell Nemiver to continue.

I would be very happy if any more experienced Nemiver user comments my
usecase or give me a hint how i can achieve that the program breaks
upon reaching main().

Sorry again for this late reply.  I hope it's helpful even though very
very very late.

Cheers.

--
                Dodji