Build fails on OS X 10.9

Hi,

I don’t know if this is the correct place to inform about this; maybe it’s better to file a bug report. Sorry
anyways. I was trying to get nemiver into macports and I discovered several points of failure. I’m not sure
if some of them can be easily fixed, i.e. some tweaks are not needed anymore even in recent linux distros.
Please find below the list of issues that I’ve discovered so far:

- Headers belonging to tr1 are used in various places. Their inclusion is guarded by ifdefs though. The
problem is clang++ seems to enter those sections and tries to include tr1/* headers. Starting with 10.9 OS X
uses by default libc++ instead of libstdc++ and this new library seems to not include tr1 headers.
- Inclusion of pty.h is not properly guarded. pty.h is not included in OS X, and util.h should be used
instead.
- ld option ‘--as-needed’ is not recognised. I couldn’t even find a description of this flag :) Is this
really needed?

I’m going to try to fix these as best as I can. This could be a public checklist and a remainder of the work
that needs to be done. I’ll much appreciate any comments on these; I mean, I’m assuming these issues can all
be fixed, I can be wrong though.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Juan.