Re: A new profiling tool for Nemiver (GSoC 2012 Application)

Fabien Parent <parent f gmail com> a écrit:

>> From the point of view of the user, my impression is that the tool that
>> provides the more bang for the bucks would be the useful one.  If
>> Nemiver uses e.g Perf (instead of Cachegring), it has more chances to be
>> smaller, faster, more accurate, and get a broader hardware coverage.
>
>> A contrario, just "implementing a Valgrind-based tool" doesn't seem to
>> be an appealing enough value proposition for the user, does it?
>
> After much testing of perf and from many recommendations I will do the
> work with perf instead of callgrind.

Great, thanks!

> I will work on the perspective for memcheck on a later occasion.

Sure thing.  I think memcheck is The King in what it does.  And
especially know that it has enhanced integration with GDB on certain
occasions, it might be nice to integrate memcheck with some nemiver-fu
so that the memcheck perspective can poke at the debugging perspective
when needed.

But I am digressing; that's thought for another occasion.

So much goodness to come ...

Cheerio.

--
		Dodji