GSoC Weekly Report #4 and #5

The content of the mail is a copy & paste of my report posted a week
ago in my GSoC blog [0]

====

>From now on I'm starting to blog my GSoC reports because apparently
this year it is not O.K. to send the reports on the GNOME GSoC
mailing-list. I won't repost my previous reports on this new blog so
if you want to read them you can read them on my GSoC project wiki
page.

Profiling support in Nemiver
Since this is my first blog post I will show briefly what has been done so far.
The profiling is done with the help of perf and for now the user can
only create complete reports by starting a new process under perf,
i.e. Nemiver is not able yet to attach itself to a running thread or
process.

[Picture 1]
Once a profile report has been loaded, it is displayed to the user. If
the profile report has been made with callgraph recording, the user
can browse the parent of each calls.

[Picture 2]
The user can then display the source code (if available) and
disassembly of each symbol.

Overview of the past two weeks:

    I have made possible to create profile records under Nemiver
    I have added the ability to see a symbol annotations
    I have fixed several bugs (the symbol name was sometimes truncated
in C++, overhead percentage was also truncated, ...)
    I have finalized and sent for review the patch adding the multiple
perspective support

What I'm going to do next week:

    I will work on the dialog letting the user run a program under the profiler
    I will add the ability to profile an existing process

[0] http://nemiver-gsoc2012.blogspot.fr/
[Picture 1] https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Projects/FabienParent_NemiverProfiler?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=report.png
[Picture 2] https://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2012/Projects/FabienParent_NemiverProfiler?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=annotation.png