Request for changing commit line format

Hello,

I would like to change the format of the first line of a commit log. At
the moment a commit log starts with a line that looks like:

 This is the commit description (Closes: #123456)

Given that the Git informal netiquette requests the first line to fit
into 50 characters I think the "(Closes: " prefix wastes too much useful
character estate.

I'd like to change the format of the line to the much shorter form:

 #123456 This is the commit description

If nobody objects I'll update the git-commit-messages.README file in the
repository accordingly and start using that format.

Thanks.

--
		Dodji