Re: Proposal for GSoC 2011 - Python based scripting front end for Nemiver

Hi Dodji,
Thanks a lot for your comments. I have updated the project within google-melange.com now.

regards,
Seemanta

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 1:54 AM, Dodji Seketeli <dodji seketeli org> wrote:
Hello Seemanta,

Seemanta Dutta <seemanta gmail com> a écrit:

> I have edited the proposal within google-melange.com now. Changes
> include omission of the detailed design step and including the fact
> that we would be doing iterative, incremental development, with each
> iteration building on top of the previous one.

Thank you.

I have some comments about the new version of the proposal.

> The project would involve writing an implementation of the IDebugger
> interface to create a Python console that can be invoked from the main
> user interface of Nemiver.

I think there might be a misunderstanding here.  I did mean to write a
Python wrapper of the IDebugger interface.  So one could *use* the
IDebugger interface from Python, just as you do use it today from C++.

The current implementation of the IDebugger interface we have (named
GDBEngine) does uses GDB as a backend.  So when the Python calls
functions of IDebugger, the actual implementation that is used would
still be GDBEngine.

I have just allowed modifications to your proposal in the google-melange
application, so that you can update it accordingly.

Thanks.

--
               Dodji