Re: Error when attaching to a process

"mac_man2005 hotmail it" <mac_man2005 hotmail it> a écrit:

> Hi to all.

Hello,

> That's my first time on this list. I am trying to use nemiver to debug
> postgresql.

Thank you for your interest in Nemiver.

> I get the following error in different moments, first of all when
> trying to attach to a process.
>
> /Could not find file ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/recv.c/
>
> What could I do to solve it? Can I debug correctly in case of ignoring
> that message?

I assume you are using the Nemiver that comes with your distribution,
possibly the 0.7.3 version.

There is a limitation in that version of Nemiver that prevents it from
working correctly when it needs to display the content of a source file
that is not installed on your system. For instance, I suspect that
postgresql is retrieving data from a socket and you are trying to break
into the function used for that, which is a function that comes from the
C library, located in the file ../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/recv.c/
of the C library source code.

The good news is we have removed that limitation in the current
development version of Nemiver. In that version, if you don't have the
source file of a given symbol, you can just let Nemiver know that, and
it will automatically show you the disassembly of the relevant code
portions beacause it cannot show you the source code.

The bad news is that you need to compile that development version by
yourself for now. This link shows you how to compile it:

http://live.gnome.org/Nemiver/FAQ#Is_there_an_easy_way_to_compile_Nemiver_on_my_distro.3F

I hope this helps.

--
	Dodji