Re: [SOLVED] Getting older source code, when svn was used...

Seemanta Dutta wrote:
I got it! I got the source code for version 0.6.3 from http://ftp.acc.umu.se/pub/GNOME/sources/nemiver/0.6/
Sorry about my earlier mail, you can ignore it.

~seemanta

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Seemanta Dutta <seemanta gmail com <mailto:seemanta gmail com>> wrote:

    Hi,
    I want to examine the source code for version 0.6.3. Only svn was
    available at that time. Can anyone please tell me how to do that?
    Are the older svn repos still active ?

    regards,
    Seemanta

The full history of nemiver is in git now, so you don't need svn. If you clone the git repository, you can easily look at the source from 0.6.3. For instance, to see all of the tags in the nemiver repo:

$ git tag -l
nemiver-0.1.0
nemiver-0.3.0
nemiver-0.4.0
nemiver-0.5.0
nemiver-0.5.1
nemiver-0.5.2
nemiver-0.5.3
nemiver-0.5.4
nemiver-0.6.0
nemiver-0.6.1
nemiver-0.6.2
nemiver-0.6.3
nemiver-0.6.4
nemiver-0.6.5

If you want to see what the source code was like at tag nemiver-0.6.3, you can either use a git repository viewer (e.g. gitk, giggle, gitg), or you can browse the repository on the web (the 0.6.3 tree is available at this url: http://git.gnome.org/cgit/nemiver/tree/?id=nemiver-0.6.3), or you can simply checkout that version in your local repository:

$ git checkout nemiver-0.6.3

and your working directory will be updated to the version specified by that tag. (Don't check in any changes to that branch though -- make sure you check out the master branch again before doing any actual work)

--
jonner