Re: [Nemiver-list] Nemiver didn't goes forwad after gtk_init

Hello Michael

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 18:31 +0100, Michael Graßl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> from the start the Application is working. But I couldn't really debug
> it, because when I use next or step Nemiver always stop at gkt_init and
> didn't go forward.  I have made a little video about this
> http://www.coca.cx/nemiver.mpeg it doesn't matter if I use next or step
> both have the same result.

That's very strange.  I've never heard of anybody with this problem
before.  I'm going to need a little more information to figure out the
problem.  But first, can you verify that the program does not behave
this way when you debug it with gdb on the command line?  Once we
determine that, we can figure out how to get some more information.

> The only way over gtk_init is to set a break point after it and make a
> Continue but this is now good solution I think.
>
> I hope somebody could help me.
>
> Oh, I use nemiver 0.4.0 with a little patch I have attached and when I

Yes, that patch has already been applied in svn as well, but thanks.  By
the way, 0.4.0 is quite old.  I'm not sure if you're aware, but we plan
to release a new version quite soon.

> type in the console "NMV_LOG_DOMAINS=main.c nemiver > log.txt" the
> log.txt remains empty.

nemiver is written in C++, so the main function is in main.cc, there is
no main.c.  What are you trying to log?
--
Jonner