Re: [Nemiver-list] Keyboard binding patch for Nemiver

On 8/27/07, A. Gordon <agordon88 domain hid> wrote:
> Hello Jonathon,
>
> Thanks again for your help today!
>
> Here's the little patch that adds keyboard binding to the status note views.
>
> The patch adds the following:
> * 7 signals, one for each status view
> * 7 ActionEntry structs, one for each status view
> * 7 <menuitem> entries in Menus.xml
> * one helper function to "SetCurrentPage" on the Gtk::NoteBook.
>
> I made it against revision 554, I hope it merges easily.
>

> Comments are welcomed,
>     Gordon.

Hi Gordon,
I finally got a chance to try out the patch.  It looks pretty good.  I
only have a couple minor comments, but I thought I'd forward this on
to the nemiver mailing list in case anybody else has thoughts.  First,
I think we should probably leave out the shortcuts for 'errors' and
'output'. I don't think they're really useful to end users (do you use
them gordon?).  I assume that they were put in there early on to help
debug nemiver itself (is this correct, Dodji?).
Also, this is admittedly somewhat picky, but I'm not crazy about the
text "Activate X".  I think a better name would be something like
"Switch to X", or even just "X" (they are in the "View" menu after
all).  I would also move the "Show Errors" and "Show Output" menu
items to the bottom of that menu to make it obvious that they're not
that important (or could we just remove them? Dodji?)
Otherwise, I like it.

--
jonner