Re: [Nemiver-list] Saving / restoring environment variables with a session

Hey Jonner ,

On 9/25/06, Jonathon Jongsma <jonathon jongsma domain hid> wrote:
I thought I'd send this out as a patch instead of committing it right
away because it involves a change to the database, and I wanted to
make sure it looked ok to you before making you update or delete your
old session database.  All it does is create a new table called
env_variables that stores the name/value pairs for environment
variables associated with a session ID.  These are saved on exit and
loaded when a session is loaded.

OK to commit?

Sure ! The patch looks good to me.

Also, would it be a good idea to make a little database
upgrade script for cases like this in the future?

Yup, we will definitely need that. I think it would be something that
would drop the "old" tables and create the "new" ones. There should be
a drop-tables.sql script, just like we have a create-table.sql script
today. Initializing the DB would then mean running the the
drop-tables.sql script (ignoring the potential errors) and running the
create-tables.sql script.

Cheers,

Dodji.