Re: Feedback on the Action-Info Bar Proposal

Hey Nick,

There’s an obvious positive action, less important actions are visually deprioritized and there’s more variety by allowing icons. However for us the position at the bottom of the screen feels terribly disconnected and we’d still love to try and find ways to bring these actions closer to the selection that they apply to. Whilst it’s a lot harder to design and implement a more connected experience would be much better for users of pointing devices.

Isn't this design what you have in Endless since long time ago? Last time we discussed the action bar with Endless designers this design was the outcome.

And yeah that's something to explore, it just needs finding a way, which hasn't come so far.

I know that there's been some iteration of the designs on the gitlab issue that looks encouraging but I wanted to make sure that you got some 'official comment' in the forums you asked for it. Once again, much applause for attempting to improve the experience and being able to get involved at an early stage - it’s a great example of GNOME connecting with communities who we’ve found it hard to get feedback from and I’m sure that we’ll be able to make better software for everyone because of it.

Thanks for the feedback! There are multiple proposals in the issue, feel free to run them through designers at Endless. If a call is easier we can do that too.

Thanks,

Nick Richards

Nick Richards  |
  +447881621787 |  Endless