Re: Relicensing Nautilus to GPLv3+

On Wed, 2017-05-17 at 09:45 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
On Wed, May 17, 2017 at 9:20 AM, Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
wrote:
If nautilus is GPLv3+, that means we can't link it against GPLv2-
only
or LGPLv2-only libraries in the extensions. I'm also not opening
the
can of worms that is non-GPL-compatible dependencies of extensions
(such as proprietary, or patent-encumbered GStreamer plugins),
because
that's an existing problem.

What's the end goal for relicensing? What problems do the current
license cause that require a relicense?

Cheers

Sounds like the license is already GPLv3+, since it uses GPLv3+
source
files, and the existing GPLv2+ notices are incorrect or misleading.

Were those licenses applied in error, or imported from projects that
were GPLv3 themselves?