Sort custom columns in list view

Hi,
  I have been using an extension ("nautilus columns") for a long time,
and in the past I was able to sort the custom column(s) as I wanted.

This is not possible anymore (after an update, I suppose, maybe since
some months ago, but I am not sure about the moment when it began to
not work).

Is there any way to understand why is this happening, and how to get
again the custom columns "sortable"? I am pretty sure that the
extension itself did not change in the meantime, so I would guess it's
happening after some change in Nautilus.

Just some hints on how to investigate it would be very appreciated,

Thank you very much in advance,
Best regards
Andrea Vai

Running Nautilus 3.20.4 on Fedora 24