[BUG REPORT] Nautilus refuses to open on command, even as sudo.

I am reporting this bug to the Mailing List because Launchpad is not currently seeing the Gitlab as a valid bugtracker, thus the only way I could get proper validation from Canonical and the Ubuntu community was to use the bug tracker email as a stand-in for the upstream bug in Gitlab.

See the bug on GNOME's Gitlab here: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/nautilus/issues/172/

See the bug on Canonical's Launchpad here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/1738868/

Bug report title: Nautilus refuses to open on command, even as sudo.

Bug description: (See below)

Clicking on the "Files" (default file manager) app in Ubuntu is not resulting in Nautilus opening a new window, not even a new tab or session.
Opening a System Monitor session does not show that Nautilus is running, either.
Nautilus also refuses to open via Terminal as myself *or* sudo.

TERMINAL OUTPUT:
"
jeb@Inspiron13:~$ nautilus
sys:1: PyGIWarning: Nautilus was imported without specifying a version first. Use gi.require_version('Nautilus', '3.0') before import to ensure that the right version gets loaded.
No module named requests
jeb@Inspiron13:~$ sudo nautilus
[sudo] password for jeb:
No protocol specified
Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused

(nautilus:24304): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0
jeb@Inspiron13:~$
"

Please see the attached files included from "ubuntu-bug" below.
Thanks!

_____
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 17.10
Package: nautilus 1:3.26.0-0ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.13.0-19.22-lowlatency 4.13.13
Uname: Linux 4.13.0-19-lowlatency x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.6
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Mon Dec 18 14:52:33 2017
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=xterm-256color
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: nautilus

Attachments: (See below)

¤    Dependencies.txt -  (9.6 KiB, text/plain; charset="utf-8")
¤    HookError_source_nautilus.txt - (792 bytes, text/plain; charset="utf-8")
¤    JournalErrors.txt - (142.0 KiB, text/plain; charset="utf-8")
¤    ProcCpuinfoMinimal.txt - (1.1 KiB, text/plain; charset="utf-8")
¤    Terminal_Output.txt - (449 bytes, text/plain)

I included as much information as possible, and I hope this helps!

Thank you for being here for support on this stuff,
Jeb