A good first step would be to try and build nautilus from source. We have a general tutorial here https://wiki.gnome.org/Newcomers/BuildGnome and if you get stuck, come to the #newcomers channel in irc.gnome.org. You can talk to csoriano who is often active in irc for details. (Maybe carlos will even reply to this email :)

Cheers,
Hashem

On 03/01/2016 02:39 PM, Gregorio . wrote:
I'm just an occasional contributor, in my experience I simply took the
code, made the change and finally I contacted the maintainers (with IRC)
to ask help. I suggest to try to write this feature on your own and then
review with the maintainers the code.

Another tips: you should use the same code-style.

Gregorio

Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 22:07:24 +0530
Subject: Integrate file-roller and compressed file management in nautilus
From: priyanshudeveloper gmail com
To: nautilus-list gnome org

Hello,

I 'm Priyanshu Jain an undergraduate information technology engineering
student .I have good knowledge of C & some experience with gtk+ and
Glib+ .I want to contribute to nautilus in Integrate file-roller and
compressed file management under gsoc 2016,How should I start.Thank you.

Regards,
Priyanshu

-- nautilus-list mailing list nautilus-list gnome org
https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/nautilus-list