sort by extension?

First off, thank you all for developing all this. I know what time and effort this all costs and therefor I appreciate any work put into such a project like this.

That being said, I want to know if there is a way to enable "sort by extension" feature for Nautilus. If there is already an option for this, I'm sorry for my elaborationsbelow , but after digging a while I'm pretty convinced that I would have found it already if existing.

Now, before starting to harass me with "we don't need another make Linux to Windows topic", which seems to be the only obvious reason for me why such a programming wise extremely simple feature isn't implemented yet, let me explain why and what for this makes sense: In a perfect Linux world one may be happy with mime type detection or type, granted. Reality however is, if people like me, who are forced to work in both worlds, a missing feature like this is extremely work flow blocking and absolutely annoying. Different filetypes are mixed because they are assumed to be the same mime type. If need to copy out files from my Windows/Linux cross project, I have mix ups between .ini, .map files, between .dll and .so, .ilk and .bsc and and and. I guess I could compile a list with dozens of examples. I fully agree that Linux is not windows and I don't want the Desktop of my choice to be "windows'ed", but such a feature is really an essential addition if one has the requirement to work with windows files or who needs to have interactions between both OS.

Anyway, thanks for your time,
Smirftsch