crash by invalid nautilus-python usage?

Hello,

we've received a bug report saying a user had nautilus 3.14.2 crash when
performing actions related to the owncloud nautilus-python script:

https://github.com/owncloud/client/issues/3067

Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce the issue.

However, the question came up of whether the integration script uses the
nautilus-python API in an invalid way. In particular, it uses the
InfoProvider's update_file_info(file) API, stores the file objects it
receives this way and updates their metadata long after
update_file_info() has returned.

It does seem like update_file_info_full() was invented to cover this
asynchronous use case. It seems to work pretty well however. Is that
intended? Is that use of the API safe?

The source of the nautilus-python integration script is here:
https://github.com/owncloud/client/blob/master/shell_integration/nautilus/syncstate.py

Regards,
Christian