Re: "Add drive" designs

I like the last one "Add Disks and Servers", although I think it should
be possible to also include online accounts in that list too.

I would love to do that. The problem is that online accounts, like
ownCloud or Google Drive aren't really servers. Though it might make
sense logically, there's a danger that the UI will feel confused if we
throw together seemingly dissimilar concepts. Disks + Servers + Cloud
Drives could be a bit of a muddle.

Perhaps the UI for adding a drive to the sidebar can be unified with
adding a bookmark for a network volume?

Yep, bookmarks are definitely another part of the picture.

I've realised that there are a couple of fairly major issues with the
existing mockups, unfortunately:

1. There's no convenient way to access network locations or volumes
from the file chooser.
2. There's no way to access a drive or a network location in a
one-off, ad hoc fashion - you have to manually add them to the sidebar
each time.

As a result, I'm currently looking into merging disks and connect to
server into the existing browse network UI.

Allan