Nautilus and thumbnails

Hi all,

I'm running RedHat 6.2 with the stock kernel and gnome and I'm having a problem with images and thumbnails.

I noticed that my disk reached its limit of inodes because of 12 millions files inside ~/.thumbnails/fail and ~/.thumbnails/normal.

The issue happens only when I'm inside a directory with images or when I have images on my desktop. In addition, I noticed that nautilus has 14 CPU usage constantly and whenever I delete the content of the directory the files are being recreated immediately.

I know I can disable thumbnails using gconf-editor and gconftool2 but I want to get to the bottom of it

Thank you,
Dennis.