Re: Nautilus without Compact View is Hell

On Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:58:20 +0200, q3 <q3 oxyba de> wrote:

I really dislike nautilus without compact view.

I know the compact view have been removed since 2012.
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2012-July/msg00005.html

but I was affected just recently by an upgrade from Ubuntu 12 to 14.
it does not seems to be possible to circumvent nautilus in gnome3 or
ubuntu.
e.g. i tried to replace it with pcmanfm, but to many applications still
call nautilus.

is there any plugin or extension to get the compact view back?

Hi,
I think Nemo should work for you: http://www.webupd8.org/2014/04/install-nemo-220-with-unity-patches-in.html
Tomas