Re: bugs 700492 and 707987

To nautilus developers:
At the moment nautilus is unusable for changing file owners and groups, because it crashes whenever the properties window is opened. As far as I can see (or have experienced), this bug is still present in all versions from at least 3.6.3 to 3.11.2. The attached patch fixes this and related buggy behaviour when changing owner/group. Please could someone consider reviewing/applying it so we can change file owners as root again?

(ignore the current patches attached to the bugs; this one has better style compliance, fixes some errors, and is diffed against a newer version, it's just that I can't log in to replace them)