Re: Feature Request - GNOME Windows Buttons

I'm not using gnome3 as it became so weird, but when I'm helping
other people install a new system I usually recommend gnome-classic
which is gnome3, but I haven't checked key defintions, as these
are machines I'm not using, I'm using fluxbox nowadays.

Do you really mean D.J.J. Ringm that you can not longer define
arbitrary keys in gnome3. That can't be possible, why would the
gnome develoopers do something that weird?

Isn't it simply some config file for gtk that need changing?
Gnome3 uses gtk3 I presume and I have no problem at all with
gtk3 applications, they work excellent, but the key defines are
different than gtk2, to get e.g. emacs editing keys in gkt3
you need to modify ~/.config/gtk-3.0
I assume you can define hotkeys for nautilus in
~/.config/nautilus/settings.ini
or something, but of some reason I can not find any info
on that.... I'll check the nautilus source how it's done, as I
need to recompile it on one machine.

Also, a general problem with many gtk/gnome applications
is that they do not update their menues after changing hotkeys.

I consider the whole key handling quite a mess currently.
It needs quite some unnecessary effort to get a consistent key
handling theme throughout all applications.