Nautilus ignores hidden files in properties metadata

Hi,

I was copying and synchronizing some folders today and suddenly realized, that when I right click on a folder and look at its Properties, if the folder contains nothing but hidden directories then its Contents are shown as "nothing" I would have expected to read as "1 hidden item(s), xyz kB".

As a result I might have deleted a couple of folders that still contained hidden files. Is this a known bug or even a feature?

Disclaimer: Im running Ubuntu which ships Nautilus 3.4.2 so it might have been fixed in 3.6.

Kind regards
Lanoxx