Re: Nautilus Extension Problem

(please answer to nautilus-list, not me personally, so other can see and
answer)

Le 15/01/2013 19:52, Ozojie Chikelu a écrit :

> Okay, thanks for replying
>
> according to afore mentioned guide, they did not cast their
> NautilusMenuItem instance.

In C, the cast is not strictly required, C is more permissive than C++
on that matter.

> and in the gnome documentation, it does say that NautilusMenuItem was
> derived from GObject

Yes, it does from a GObject point of view.  But this is not C++, and C
doesn't know about inheritance, it's the GObject library that adds the
object-oriented features (classes, interfaces, inheritance, etc.).

> is there any place where the nautilus extension is documented properly??
> or can you tell me the order by which nautilus calls the extension methods?

No idea, sorry.  I use GTK, GObject and friends a lot, but I only
developed one Nautilus extension and I don't develop Nautilus itself.

> I want a scenario whereby a user right-clicks the empty part of a folder
> (not a file or a toolbar) and then my menuItem shows up.
> any helpers there?

IIRC you're in the correct direction, you need to implement
nautilus_menu_provider_get_background_items(), which returns a list of
NautilusMenuItems to add to the directory menu.

But you need to implement nautilus_module_initialize() and friends,
which will register a GType (GObject's type system information) for your
module.  Check out the "Getting Started" section on your guide.

Regards,
Colomban