Where to find customize info for Nautilus (undercovers)

Hi Nautilus list members,

i apologize if I am not following proper protocol to request assistance.  I hope one of you can direct me to the correct resource.

Running Nautilus on Ubuntu Linux workstations to access NFS server on IBM System i.

I'm working on a problem where the Nautilus file manager is sending an NFS RPC ACCESS request to the iSeries NFS server, with 5 of the 6 available subfunctions in the request.

According to RFC 1813, V3 ACCESS, the ACCESS request can include read, lookup, extend, modify, delete, execute.
When opening an NFS mount, the Nautilus NFS client sends an ACCESS request packet with "read, lookup, extend, modify, and delete (no execute).

Who might I contact, or where might  I find help with customizing the Nautilus file manager, either with startup flags, /etc config file entries, under the covers, or other, so that Nautilus's NFS client only sends the read and lookup subfunctions in the ACCESS packet?

Best regards,

(Gerry)G.H.Comte
Office: (204)255-1356
email: gerrycomte mts net