Re: more thoughts on compact view

On 8/21/2012 9:44 PM, Adam Dingle wrote:

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 4:12 PM, Aaron Honeycutt <aaronhoneycutt outlook com> wrote:
On 8/21/2012 6:26 AM, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 07:10:31PM +0200, Jürg Billeter wrote:
>> As Nautilus is not a new application in the experimental stage, I would
>> definitely appreciate more explanations for such major changes in the
>> commit messages and/or bug reports, though. The main argument in the
> IMO the 3.6 version should be considered experimental. Not in the amount
> of crashers or anything, but it works in a totally different way.

Is there a development version of GNOME applications like Nautilus for Ubuntu.

Aaron,

the development (i.e. alpha/beta) build of the upcoming Ubuntu release includes the development versions of most GNOME applications. For example, the last Ubuntu release was Precise (12.04) and the upcoming release is Quantal (12.10). At the moment the Quantal alpha includes Nautilus 3.5.90 (i.e. the latest development release), gedit 3.5.1, Epiphany 3.5.4 and so on. The easiest way to run this is to install the Ubuntu daily build (http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/) and then use software updates to keep up to date. The Ubuntu prereleases are quite stable; I've been running Quantal for at least a month now with no major problems.

In theory you could use jhbuild to build GNOME 3.5 on Ubuntu Precise, but I find it *much* easier and faster to simply run the development version of Ubuntu. Hope this helps -

adam
Adam,

I do know that the next release of Ubuntu does have the next release of GNOME applications. But thank you for the reply. I was just curious about Nautilus version that Ubuntu will ship. Currently I am running GNOME Shell and more GNOME apps on my MacBook with Ubuntu.

--
Sent from Thunderbird for Windows 7